direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Inhalt des Dokuments

Visiting the German Museum of Technology

Students at German Museum of Technology
Lupe

22th July 2015 - The students of the Energy Engineering Department visited the Deutsche Technikmuseum (German Museum of Technology) in Berlin.

The Technikmuseum, located across from Potsdamer Platz, is significantly marked with a C-47 airplane on the new main building. It is one of the so called "Raisin Bombers" which were the only connection between western Berlin and West-Germany for around one year (June 1948 to May 1949).

Inside, the museum offers around 20'000 m² of exhibition area starting in the entrance building with the first mechanical computer Z1 by Konrad Zuse, built in 1936 in Berlin. The Z1 was running with a speed of 1Hz (1 cycle per second). His son Horst Zuse was professor at TU Berlin until he retired in 2010.

In the new building, a large collection of aircrafts, beginning with Otto Lillienthal as the first flying human, and a collection of ships, and models from all over the world to show how technology changed the nature of transportation as well as whole society. In the building of the old ice factory the group was walking up the old horse staircase to the stables in the second floor and learned how paper was produced in former times. There are so much more things in the museum that a couple of hours is much too less to see all the whole exhibition, like a dedicated part to film and photo technology, a historical brewery, or an automotive collection.

The tour ended visiting the outside museum park, where the group took a rest under an old wooden post mill and listened to the sounds of a water driven forge. Many thanks to Mr. Werner for the guided tour and all the interesting facts he told to the group.

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Quick Access:

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe

Auxiliary Functions